Sunday, November 7, 2010

Current Events QTR 2 week 3: Strong winds, waves push sailboat into Dunedin restaurant.

source: http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2010/november/169835/Strong-winds,-waves-push-sailboat-into-Dunedin-restaurant
  On Friday afternoon in Dunedin a sailboat crashes into a restaurant. The sailboats name is "Porthouse" and is 35 feet. It broke its anchor in strong winds and went into the restaurant. Porthouse went into a restaurant called the Best Western/Bon Appetite Restaurant, located at 150 Marina Plaza. Firefighters were able to get the boat under control and prevent any further damage. The damage cost was about $1,500.
   I think that this was strange. What are the odds that a boat is going to crash into a restaurant? I just hope everything gets fixed and that this doesn't happen again! I wonder how surprised the people eating there would be. If a boat crashed into a restaurant I was in I would be pretty freaked out. I wish that this article had more information because I dont know much from this article.
 boat crashed into dock of restaurant.

1 comment: